The 8th “Web Accessibility Challenge” is your opportunity to showcase advanced Web and Mobile technologies to technical leaders from academia and industry. The main goal of the Challenge is to encourage and accelerate the development of innovative and usable technologies, as well as provide feedback from end-users and experts in the field. The Challenge is where experimental systems and technologies are compared and evaluated both by the delegates and an independent panel of judges to identify the most significant advances in accessibility research that year. Our deadlines have been chosen to give successful applicants as much time as possible for making their travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Judges Award is decided by a panel of judges
- Delegates Award is decided by the audience
- Two-page abstract following the formatting requirements of the main track.
- Demonstration movie or audio recording
- Software is not required, but encouraged
A presentation and demonstration will be part of the W4A event, thus attendance of at least one author is mandatory.
- Any kind of system that improves usability and accessibility is acceptable, such as mobile applications, assistive technologies, voice browsers, browser plug-ins, server-based services, telephony systems, etc.
- Open source systems are welcome
- Submissions should be sent to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For large movie files, you can consider alternative methods for submission such as posting on YouTube; in this case, please add a tag “w4a2015″ to the movie, and submit the URL of the movie
- Abstracts and movies should emphasize the innovative ideas in the system; do not demonstrate whole functions including usual or average functions
- The demonstration movies should be non-visually accessible; please consider adding audio descriptions and not adding unnecessary audio (e.g., background music)
- Shadi Abou-Zahra, W3C
- Giorgio Brajnik, University of Udine
- Chet Cooper, ABILITY Magazine
- David Sloan, The Paciello Group
- Markel Vigo, University of Manchester
If you have any questions relating to the submission process, please email email@example.com:
- Vivienne Conway, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Luz Rello, Carnegie Mellon University, USA