W4A is happy to announce the IBM People with Disabilities Student Award. The award will reimburse the attendance costs for several students with disabilities and will introduce them to the community of W4A researchers and practitioners who are working to make Web, Mobile, and Wearable devices accessible for all.
Benefits and Expectations:
- Awardees will receive the IBM PwD Student Award certificate.
- W4A will reimburse registration, travel, and hotel expenses of reasonable amount.
- Additional accommodation may be provided upon request.
- Awardees are expected to attend all 3 days of the conference.
- Awardees may be asked to elaborate on their ideas in one of the W4A sessions.
Applicants are required to submit a free-form abstract (500-1000 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org discussing their ideas and vision for solving the accessibility problems that they face due to their own disabilities.
- Awardees have to use assistive technology to access Web, Mobiles, or Wearables.
- The award is opened to undergraduate and graduate students in any discipline. A proof of enrolment is required.
- Awards will be given only to students who have certifiable physical disabilities.
- Awardees will be selected to maximize diversity, and impact.
- The award CANNOT be combined with the Google Doctoral Consortium.
- The award CANNOT be awarded twice to the same person.
If you have any questions relating to the submission process, please email email@example.com.