The W4A Student Grant aims to help students, who may not have the financial means to attend W4A, participate in the conference and have their work recognized. Four students will receive up to $500 USD to supplement conference fees, travel, and lodging expenses while attending the conference.
- Participants must be active graduate or undergraduate students at a postsecondary institution, and have early work accepted for publication to W4A2018;
- Students who are participating in the Persons with Disabilities Award or the Doctoral Consortium are not eligible for the Student Grant.
Candidates interested in applying for a W4A Student Grant are required to:
- Submit an Application for a Student Grant to firstname.lastname@example.org [Student Grant Application PDF, Student Grant Application DOC ];
- Submit a letter of support from the student’s research advisor;
- Have had accepted one of the top four technical, communication, or challenge papers, following the submission requirements of the main track;
- Commit to attend and present the paper at the W4A2018 conference;
- Submit receipts for reasonable travel and accommodations, after the conference.
- January 6, 2018: Deadline for paper submissions
- February 14, 2018: Applicants will be notified of the decision
- February 28, 2018: Deadline for W4A Student Grant applications
NB: All finish at Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8).