We are pleased to announce the W4A Doctoral Student Consortium funded by Google Student Award. Up to 4 PhD students will be invited to participate in a special session with industry and research experts and get constructive feedback on their dissertation research.
- Awardees will be reimbursed up to $1,000USD for conference registration, reasonable travel and accommodation; receipts will be required as evidence of purchase.
- While Doctoral students with disabilities are encouraged to apply for both the Doctoral Consortium and the IBM PwD Student Award, the two awards cannot be combined.
Logistics and Schedule
- 10:00 – Introduction of Panelists and Participants
- 10:30 – 4 x Participant Presentations. Each student is allocated 15 mins for a presentation and 15 minutes for Q&A
- 12:30 – Lunch Break
- 14:00 – Group Discussion
- 14:30 – Individual Activity
- 16:30 – Close
- 19:30 – Invited Dinner
If you have any questions relating to the submission process or the event itself, please email email@example.com
This award is open to any Doctoral candidate at a University or other Higher Education institution, AND who is carrying out research that is directly relevant to the accessibility and usability of the Web, Mobiles, and Wearables. While early stage doctoral students are prioritized, Masters students doing exceptional accessibility research and planning to go for a PhD in this area will be considered. We particularly encourage applicants from under-represented parts of the world.
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A two-page paper outlining your research, its novelty originality, and its anticipated impact. The paper should comply with the templates provided by the ACM at the W4A submission page. It may include limited references.
- A letter of support from your research supervisor, confirming your position and research area (to ensure that applications are from bonafide researchers)
- A completed Application for Doctoral Consortium including personal details.
You will receive an acknowledgement email on successful receipt of your application. Papers will be included in the W4A 2019 proceedings published at the ACM DL.
Submissions will be carefully reviewed by a panel judges. Submissions will be evaluated on the following quality factors:
- Compliance with submission requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Relevance of research to the W4A conference topics.
- Awareness of the field and the state of technology.
- Originality and potential impact of your research.
For the sake of openness, the judges will assess the submission using this review form.
Panel of Judges