Google Doctoral Consortium
We are pleased to announce the W4A Doctoral Student Consortium funded by Google Student Award .
- Vagner Figueredo de Santana, IBM
- Yu Zhong, Google
Panel of Judges
- Barbara Leporini, ISTI-CNR, Italy
- Victoria Yaneva, University of Wolverhampton, UK
Logistics and Schedule
- Dalal Aljasem, from University of Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom. Supporting the Design of Data Visualisation for the Visually Impaired through Reinforcement Learning.
- Lula Albar, from The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK. Contextual Adaptive Communication Aid: Supporting Individuals with Neurological Disease in Communication.
- 22th April
IBM People with Disabilities Students Award
W4A is happy to announce the IBM People with Disabilities Student Award . The award will reimburse the attendance costs for several students with disabilities and will introduce them to the community of W4A researchers and practitioners who are working to make Web, Mobile, and Wearable devices accessible for all.
Benefits and Expectations:
- Awardees will receive the IBM PwD Student Award certificate.
- W4A will reimburse registration, travel, and hotel expenses of reasonable amount.
- Additional accommodation may be provided upon request.
- Awardees are expected to attend all 3 days of the conference.
- Awardees may be asked to elaborate on their ideas in one of the W4A sessions.
Intuit Student Grants
The W4A Student Grant – sponsored by Intuit – aims to help students, who may not have the financial means to attend W4A, participate in the conference and have their work recognized. Four students receive $500 USD to supplement conference fees, travel, and lodging expenses while attending the conference.