We are pleased to announce the 2022 W4A Google Doctoral Consortium. Up to 4 PhD students will be invited to participate in a special session with industry and research experts and get constructive feedback on their dissertation research.
- Awardees will receive $500USD for conference registration and other related expenses.
- While Doctoral students with disabilities are encouraged to apply for both the Google Doctoral Consortium and the IBM PsD Students Award, the two awards cannot be combined.
- James Coughlan – Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, USA
- Sergio Mascetti – University of Milan, Italy
Panel of Judges
- Yeliz Yesilada – Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Klaus Miesenberger – Johannes Kepler University, Austria
- Hernisa Kacorri – University of Maryland, USA
- Faustina Hwang – University of Reading, UK
- Abi Roper – City, University of London, UK
Logistics and Schedule
- Date: TBD
- Time: TBD
This award is open to any Doctoral candidate at a University or other Higher Education institution, AND who is carrying out research that is directly relevant to the accessibility and usability of the Web, Mobiles, and Wearables. While early-stage doctoral students are prioritized, Masters students doing exceptional accessibility research and planning to go for a PhD in this area will be considered. We particularly encourage applicants from under-represented parts of the world.
Your application should contain the following:
- Abstract: A two-page extended abstract. It may include limited references. For template and accessibility information, please refer to the Submissions page.
- A PDF letter of support from your research supervisor, confirming your position and research area (to ensure that applications are from bonafide researchers)
- A PDF file with the Doctoral Consortium Application Form, including personal details.
All the files should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an acknowledgment email on successful receipt of your application. Accepted papers will be included in the W4A 2022 proceedings published at the ACM DL.
Submissions will be carefully reviewed by a panel of judges. Submissions will be evaluated on the following quality factors:
- Compliance with submission requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Relevance of research to the W4A conference topics.
- Awareness of the field and the state of technology.
- Originality and potential impact of your research.
For the sake of openness, the judges will assess the submission using this review form.
If you have any questions relating to the submission process or the event itself, please email email@example.com.